Cities:Skylines After Dark the first DLC content for Cities:Skylines comes out next week on the 24th. I love city builders and Cities:Skylines is the best on the market right now, and it is about to get a lot better.
After Dark brings in quite a few new features, as you can probably gather from the title “After Dark,” a lot of the new features in the game will relate to night time and your cities goings on after the sun goes down.
“Towns will look – and behave – differently at night, and citizens will seek out new evening hotspots such as nightclubs, bars, and more. New city services will make sure that nighttime revelers get home safe in new in-game taxis, while those who get too irresponsible may find themselves in new in-game prisons.”
Day and Night Cycle: As the name implies now there will be a day and night cycle in your city. At night your city comes alive, crime increases at night, commercial zones can be hopping with bars and restaurants. Basically your city hasn’t even lived until night rolls around.
Leisure Specialization: Commercial areas can now specialize in leisure activies.
Tourism Specialization: Commercial areas such as bars and restaurants, small marina and fishing tours on the shoreline can specialize in beach activities.
Expanded City Services:
- Criminals will now be taken to Prison from Police buildings
- Taxi service will help citizens and tourists travel around the city.
- Cargo hubs are harbors that accept cargo trains straight to the terminal
- International airport is a hug airport, allowing much more traffic than the previous airport and has a metro station attached to it.
- Bus terminals allows citizens to transfer to other bus lines in the terminal building.
New Transportation Options: Bikes and dedicated bike lanes and bike ways let citizens opt for a faster alternative to walking. Bus lanes can be used to help the public transportaion run smoother.