As I mentioned in my previous post 5 Favorite Gaming Genres I love sports games, and well I love baseball games. If you like playing baseball games up until now i hoped you had a PlayStation. The offerings for PC and Xbox were slim to none for the most part.
Yes yes we had RBI Baseball, but honestly it was garbage, at least in my opinion. And on PC we had some baseball simulators for those that loved to crunch numbers. However for those of us that actually like swinging the bat we were lacking. Now enter Super Mega Baseball Extra Innings, it was just released on Steam on August 21st. Looking at the art style you might think it is some cheesy crappy game that isn’t worth your time. This is a great example of not judging a book by its cover.
Yes it’s true the graphics do look cartoony but once you get past that it truly is a great game.
- Realistic Simulation and Physics: As I said cartoony presentation but all the fundamentals are there, and pretty accurate. This will teach you the rules of the game as well.
- Great Difficulty System: Has a difficulty rating system called “Ego”. The higher you set it, the harder the game will be. So players of all levels can and will enjoy the game.
- Full Batting and Pitching Stats: Pretty much all the stats you would think should be in a baseball game are in there.
- Leveling System: Players earn Starpoints for actions in the game such as hits, strikeouts catching the ball and can eventually level up. Can hire staff to train and couch the team that will improve players attributes like Power and Speed.
- Customization: Change the look and names or players to create a group of friends.
If you enjoy baseball games I believe you will enjoy playing Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings. Check it out on Steam